Creating deep value with deep tech by empowering innovators on their journey to improve the world
Combines design thinking with deep technology to develop breakthrough solutions and products from concept to prototype.
Collaborates with startups and corporations to design, prototype, engineer and manufacture hardware products from the idea stage to mass production.
Q is an integrated platform of three business units
We are three uniquely integrated businesses that work with companies of all sizes and stages in technology and hardware development.
Our strength lies in our ability to provide a comprehensive solution as a single aligned resource or in a targeted approach through individual business units.
We apply design thinking methodology and an open innovation model to help startups and corporations transform breakthrough technology innovations into real world products.
- Create breakthrough product concepts from lab science
- Demonstrate product-market fit in an engineered and functional Proof-of-Concept
- Understand and map technology features to validated pain points of target users
- Develop viable business models and successful partnerships
Our product development team combines deep technical experience with creative problem solving to design, engineer and manufacture new hardware innovations.
- Proven track record in building and manufacturing hardware products with startups that have become household names
- Complete system integration and engineering services under one cross-functional team
- 100+ product portfolio, millions of units shipped
- Extensive manufacturing network across Asia in all product categories from consumer to medical
A global venture capital team that understands hardware and deep technology to help navigate startups towards commercial success.
- Invests in breakthrough and enabling technologies
- Provides deep, hands-on commitment to founders as a partner to help reduce product risk and market risk
- Extends access to the Q platform and network to help with product development, fundraising, business development and recruitment
Innovation always starts with Qs
Three common questions from innovators
Deep tech and hardware startups face unique challenges. They must concurrently transition from lab to market, build complex products, and cross the chasm to find a viable and scalable market.
The Q platform addresses these pain points, delivering capital, expertise and customers at the right time. We de-risk investments, accelerate revenue, grow value and create outsized returns.
The Q team are located in three strategic geographies. This gives us access to cutting-edge technology, efficient manufacturing and global commercialization opportunities.
Asking our clients and portfolio companies the right Qs
“Q.Inc has cracked the code to bring together the key ingredients that deep tech innovators need to succeed – expertise, capital and a deep network.”
Executive Director, Design Program, Stanford University
“I’m excited to be a part of Q.Inc’s vision to leave a lasting impact on the world.”
Former Financial Secretary, Hong Kong SAR
“Larry and his team were instrumental in preparing Fitbit’s early products for high volume manufacturing in Asia.”
VP Hardware Engineering, Fitbit
“Q Capital’s investment helped secure the foundation for Ambiq’s rapid expansion into dominating AI at the endpoints.”
Chairman and CEO, Ambiq Micro
“Q.Inc has been instrumental in our funding rounds and transforming our technology into multiple products like PowerWatch.”
CEO, Matrix Industries
“Q Design has been instrumental in taking Playpulse to the next level, both in terms of product and the company as a whole. Together with Q Design we have taken our product from early prototypes to a scalable product – in parallel with closing our seed round.”
Erling Magnus Solheim
CEO & Co-Founder, Playpulse